RapidArc™ Volumetric Arc Therapy (VMAT)
Staten Island Radiation Oncology is one of the first centers in the country to employ this major advance in radiation therapy. VMAT delivers highly precise treatment much faster than other technologies. Treatments that once took 15-30 minutes can sometimes be accomplished in as little as a single rotation of the machine around the patient, that is, in about 2 minutes! VMAT also differs from other systems because it sculpts the full dose of radiation by tracking speed, dose and tumor shape as the machine moves. The positive result for the patient is a faster treatment time and less scattering of the radiation outside the tumor into healthy tissue.
In the hands of the experienced clinical team at Staten Island Radiation Oncology, the powerful and versatile VMAT system can treat a wide range of conditions. Staten Island Radiation Oncology is the only community based center in the area to install and use this advanced technology to fight cancer.
- Yashoda Cancer Institute Treats First Patient in India Using rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology
- New Mexico Doctors Now Treating Brain and Prostate Cancer With rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology
- Public Cancer Center Becomes First in South-East Asia to Introduce rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatments From Varian Medical Systems
- Top Belgian Cancer Center Becomes First in Country to Introduce rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatments From Varian Medical Systems
- A Fast, New Cancer Fighting Tool Is Now Available in the Houston Area: rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology from Varian Medical Systems
- Impac Software Announces Clinical Release of rapidArc Support
- First rapidArc Radiotherapy Treatment in Italy Takes Place at Leading Milan Cancer Center
- Central California Doctors Now Using Fast rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology to Battle Cancer
- Cancer Patients in Southeastern Florida Now Benefiting From rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Treatments
- Clinicians in Netherlands Treat Lung Cancer Patients Using New rapidArc Radiotherapy Technology from Varian Medical Systems
- Decatur Memorial Hospital Becomes First in Illinois to Treat Cancer Patients With rapidArc(TM) Radiotherapy Technology